Reflection of Questions of Inquiry (plus some other nuggets of knowledge):
- dash of salt= 0.5mL (Thanks Robert/ Ky)
- How measure garlic
- I should have on hand: salt, pepper, olive oil, onion, tomato, pasta, and rice
- I need to buy a bigger skillet and a pasta spoon
- Using lite sour cream and butter substitutes doesn't change the taste of the dish
- Don't cook meat longer than the recipe states or it will be chewy
- mushrooms (and other vegetables) take a long time to cook in a crock pot (longer than meat) but cook faster in a skillet
- 30 Handmade Days is a good cooking blog
- I can improve on timing by starting the water boiling while chopping the other ingredients
- put a Slap Chop on my Bed Bath and Beyond shopping list!
While cooking does take more time than eating out or heating something up in the microwave, it is really comforting having a home cooked meal after a long day. There is also something therapeutic about cooking. Over summer I will continue to add to my cookbook so my first year of teaching will be fueled by deliciously easy meals!