- Collaboration: In the vast majority of careers employees are expected be able to work well with others. They need be able to confidently share their ideas while respectfully listening to other people's opinions.
- Effective Written and Oral Communication: In todays world employees will be expected to communicate with colleagues via email and in person. They need to be able to communicate their thoughts in a clear and concise manner.
- Balance: In today's fast paced world it is important to balance work and relaxation. If someone does take the time to rest and exercise then they will not be able to perform well at work.
- Critical Thinkers and Problem Solvers: Employers will expect their employees to be able to solve problems that do not have clear solutions. They will also need to be able to test these solutions and analyze the results.
- Self-motivators/ self-starters: Employees in the 21st century need to have the skill seeing a problem that needs to be fixed and taking action without being asked by their supervisor. They need to be able to keep themselves on task and motivated to do their jobs well.
- Preserve: In the face of adversity employees need to be able to not give up. There are difficult and complex problems that they will encounter on a daily basis in at 21st century job and they need to be able test possible solutions until they find one that works.
- Adaptable: In the 21st century the world is constantly chaining, especially with respects to technology. Successful employees of the 21st century need to not only embrace change but also